Dear Fellow IARPP Members,
It’s winter in the southern hemisphere and summer in the northern. We send warm greetings to our members in all parts of the globe. It never ceases to amaze us how IARPP has connected so many lives and minds across borders and across seasons.
Keeping those connections strong we bring you:
- Information about IARPP’s next conference The Relational Pulse: Controversies, Caricatures, and Clinical Wisdom, June 25-28, 2015 in Toronto, Canada
- The Candidates’ Panel Call for Papers for the Toronto Conference
- A report on IARPP’s online Spring Colloquium
- An announcement about an upcoming webinar hosted by the Child and Adolescent Interest Group
- A synopsis of a recent conference, The Immigrant in the Consulting Room
- Links to the IARPP Bookshelf interviews with Aaron Balick & Sophia Richman
- A special feature on Japan as part of our ongoing, “Members in the Spotlight” series
As always, IARPP president, Susi Federici-Nebiossi keeps us up-to-date on IARPP business, elections, and goals.
After this issue, we will be handing over the reins of editorship to
Maria Tammone and Christina Emanuel. Two dynamic and intelligent clinicians, Maria from Italy and Christina from the USA, have been “shadowing” us via email for months to learn the ropes of putting these newsletters together.
We know these publications are in very capable hands. We can’t wait to see how they bring their unique creative sensibilities to shaping the Bookshelf and eNEWS.
Co-editing via the Internet across time zones (Sally in NYC, Sharon in Tel Aviv) has been a wonderful connection for us personally. Between emails about grammar and editorial content, we have shared concerns about each other’s well being in the face of disasters both natural and man-made. Co-editing has been truly a relational opportunity – a co-creation, if you will, of growth, learning, and fun. We are grateful to IARPP for connecting us.
All our best,
Sally and Sharon
The deadline for our next eNEWS is September 22, 2014.
How to submit:
- Your announcement or article in full sentences. Please submit in English and in your native language if you desire.
- Any relevant links; publisher, website…
- Artwork or a photo (JPEG) of book cover if applicable
- A JPEG Photograph of yourself
- Include your professional contact information for our readers as you would like it to appear publicly.
- Please send all submissions to both Maria Tammone: firstname.lastname@example.org
and Christina Emanuel at: email@example.com